english Institute of Larbi ben Mhidi University -Oum el bouaghi-
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of English Students in Larbi ben Mhidi University -Oum el bouaghi-

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

$100 Deposit (a short story)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
oussama-eng
Admin
Admin
oussama-eng

$100 Deposit (a short story) Empty
PostSubject: $100 Deposit (a short story)   $100 Deposit (a short story) Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:24 am

$100 Deposit

The well-dressed, gray-haired woman was crying her eyes out. She had just been fined $100 by the judge because a month ago her dog made a mess on the front lawn of the courthouse.

“I just got out of the cab and I leashed Poopsie to the light pole. After I paid the fare and gave the driver a dollar tip, I turned around and saw that Poopsie had made a mess. I didn’t have any plastic bags, so I said, ‘Well, Poopsie, let’s go home. There’s nothing I can do about this now.’

“We were just starting home when I heard this voice out of nowhere: ‘Excuse me, ma’am. Is that your dog?’ I turned around. It was an officer of the law. Well, of course, it was my dog. ‘That dog just made an illegal deposit on the courthouse lawn. As its owner, it’s your responsibility to dispose of that deposit. See the sign over there? I’m going to have to write you a citation.’

“I asked him what sign he was talking about. He pointed all the way down to the end of the block. One little sign, a block away! How could anyone see that? I couldn’t see that sign with my best opera glasses. The officer said that I could fight the ticket. He said the judge was a nice old man who owned four dogs. So I said, ‘OK, thank you, I’ll fight the ticket.’

“So when I went to court, I dressed Poopsie up in his prettiest ribbons and made extra sure he did his business first. We were both so excited. I just knew the judge and Poopsie would hit it off.

“But do you know what happened when we got inside? They had a different judge, a judge who is allergic to dogs, and he immediately started sniffling, coughing, sneezing, and looking around. And then he yelled at me to get the dog out of the courtroom. He fined me $100 on the way out without even giving me a chance to talk about Poopsie’s chronic dyspepsia. It was terrible! I’m still upset.”
Back to top Go down
https://english-institute.forumotion.com

$100 Deposit (a short story)
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» do you know the story of lady's first?
» The Stanford University Story
» SHORT SCARY STORIES

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
english Institute of Larbi ben Mhidi University -Oum el bouaghi- :: Literature forums :: Stories and mini stories, epics, fairy tales forum-
Jump to:  
Latest topics
» The blind man and the publicist
$100 Deposit (a short story) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:20 pm by oussama-eng

» do you know the story of lady's first?
$100 Deposit (a short story) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:49 pm by Romeyssa

» The grandfather
$100 Deposit (a short story) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 2:33 pm by Emporio_Armani

» What's the time ?
$100 Deposit (a short story) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:07 am by Romeyssa

» strange postulates
$100 Deposit (a short story) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:52 am by silem messaouda

» SHORT SCARY STORIES
$100 Deposit (a short story) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:09 pm by silem messaouda

» The Stanford University Story
$100 Deposit (a short story) Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:56 pm by oussama-eng

» $100 Deposit (a short story)
$100 Deposit (a short story) Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:24 am by oussama-eng

Local time
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Oxford English dictionary
Learn english with about.com
Keywords
Top posters
oussama-eng
$100 Deposit (a short story) I_vote_lcap$100 Deposit (a short story) I_voting_bar$100 Deposit (a short story) I_vote_rcap 
meriem
$100 Deposit (a short story) I_vote_lcap$100 Deposit (a short story) I_voting_bar$100 Deposit (a short story) I_vote_rcap 
silem messaouda
Romeyssa
iness
Emporio_Armani
zizou.lamine
Wael
sevenenglish
tipo
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of english Institute of Larbi ben Mhidi University -Oum el bouaghi- on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of english Institute of Larbi ben Mhidi University -Oum el bouaghi- on your social bookmarking website