english Institute of Larbi ben Mhidi University -Oum el bouaghi-
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of English Students in Larbi ben Mhidi University -Oum el bouaghi-

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

The grandfather

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oussama-eng
Admin
Admin
oussama-eng

The grandfather Empty
PostSubject: The grandfather   The grandfather Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:42 am

A frail old man went to live with his son, daughter-in-law, and four-year-old grandson. The old man's hands trembled, his eyesight was blurred, and his step faltered.
The family ate together at the table, but the elderly grandfather's shaky hands and failing sight made eating difficult. Peas rolled off his spoon onto the floor. When he grasped the glass, milk spilled on the tablecloth.

The son and daughter-in-law became irritated with the mess. "We must do something about Grandfather," said the son. "I've had enough of his spilled milk, noisy eating, and food on the floor.
So the husband and wife set a small table in the corner. There Grandfather ate alone while the rest of the family enjoyed dinner.

Since Grandfather had broken a dish or two, his food was served in a wooden bowl. When the family glanced in Grandfather's direction, sometimes he had a tear in his eye as he sat alone.

Still, the only words the couple had for him were sharp admonitions when he dropped a fork or spilled food. The four-year-old watched it all in silence.

One evening before supper, the father noticed his son playing with wood scraps on the floor. he asked the child sweetly, "What are you making?" Just as sweetly, the boy responded, "Oh, I am making a little bowl for you and Mama to eat your food in when I grow up."

The four-year-old smiled and went back to work. The words so struck the parents that they were speechless. Then tears started to stream down their cheeks. Though no word was spoken, both knew what must be done.

That evening the husband took Grandfather's hand and gently led him back to the family table. For the remainder of his days he ate every meal with the family. And for some reason, neither husband nor wife seemed to care any longer when a fork was dropped, milk spilled, or the tablecloth soiled.

Children are remarkably perceptive. Their eyes ever observe, their ears ever listen, and their minds ever process the messages they absorb. If they see us patiently provide a happy atmosphere for family members, they will imitate that attitude for the rest of their lives. The wise parent realizes that every day the building blocks are being laid for the child's future.

Let's be wise builders.
Back to top Go down
https://english-institute.forumotion.com
Romeyssa
Romeyssa

The grandfather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The grandfather   The grandfather Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:45 am

Thank you for your topic ...
lonely...ness ...haredest feeling,when you feel that you are alone..without friends..without goals,no 1 share you interests..you feel how much this world...wild world.
sometimes with few people to trust,other times when you loose your beloved..someone you think he or she is every thing for you ..you feel that joy;hope,smail..even love is stolen from you..
when someone leave you alone while you have the attitude of being with him or her ...you realy feel ALONE
and when someone go away..so far ..in a place where you will never see his face or hear his voice ..he or she is forced to leave...maybe cs he feel he will be happy in another place with another partner another family ..a new love
the truth is he leaves you alone maybe one of you is foced to do so....!!
The real truth is ALLAH asks him to back ..to leave..the town to another town..to leave the country to another one...to change life by a perfect one..
Back to top Go down
Romeyssa
Romeyssa

The grandfather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The grandfather   The grandfather Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:19 am

Thank you OUSSAMA.lamine...for your favours
Back to top Go down
Emporio_Armani
Emporio_Armani

The grandfather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The grandfather   The grandfather Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 2:33 pm

We are all passengers in this life !!!!
We should learn more from children because of their innocence and frankness !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The grandfather Empty
PostSubject: Re: The grandfather   The grandfather Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The grandfather
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
english Institute of Larbi ben Mhidi University -Oum el bouaghi- :: Literature forums :: Stories and mini stories, epics, fairy tales forum-
Jump to:  
Latest topics
» The blind man and the publicist
The grandfather Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:20 pm by oussama-eng

» do you know the story of lady's first?
The grandfather Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:49 pm by Romeyssa

» The grandfather
The grandfather Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 2:33 pm by Emporio_Armani

» What's the time ?
The grandfather Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:07 am by Romeyssa

» strange postulates
The grandfather Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:52 am by silem messaouda

» SHORT SCARY STORIES
The grandfather Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:09 pm by silem messaouda

» The Stanford University Story
The grandfather Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:56 pm by oussama-eng

» $100 Deposit (a short story)
The grandfather Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:24 am by oussama-eng

Local time
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Oxford English dictionary
Learn english with about.com
Keywords
Top posters
oussama-eng
The grandfather I_vote_lcapThe grandfather I_voting_barThe grandfather I_vote_rcap 
meriem
The grandfather I_vote_lcapThe grandfather I_voting_barThe grandfather I_vote_rcap 
silem messaouda
Romeyssa
iness
Emporio_Armani
zizou.lamine
Wael
sevenenglish
tipo
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of english Institute of Larbi ben Mhidi University -Oum el bouaghi- on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of english Institute of Larbi ben Mhidi University -Oum el bouaghi- on your social bookmarking website